Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
I started writing about cell phones before anyone I knew had a mobile phone. In fact, some of my first stories were about the spectrum auctions — including the controversial auction designed to let minorities and women get into the game — that preceded the switch to digital. I always had the latest model phone in my pocket, on loan from the manufacturer, long before phones were affordable enough for anyone I knew to have one.
Since then, I’ve covered it all in technology. One of the most unusual events I covered was an IEEE meeting in Cyprus. I’ve written about CDMA from Singapore, PCs from Hanover, TDMA from Cancun, 4G from Barcelona and more topics than I can remember from Las Vegas.
My clips have appeared in The Economist, MIT Technology Review, New York Times, Seattle Times, Dallas Mornings News, Wired, Computerworld, PC World and many other publications. Find more recent stories in my story archive.
In recent years, I’ve been a leading reporter covering cloud computing, particularly IaaS and PaaS. At the IDG News Service, I won the story of the year award for my investigative series that took down a pyramid scheme.
I’m also a successful grant writer. For City Fruit, the nonprofit I helped found, I’ve developed and written applications resulting in awards from city, state and private funders, including foundations and individuals. My work has resulted in awards of tens of thousands of dollars that helped us launch this new organization into one that is now a leader in the local food and urban agriculture communities in Seattle.
If you’d like to reach me about reporting or grant writing opportunities, drop me a note at ng at ngohring dot com.
Follow me on Google +.
- RT @CITEConference: Q2. Do you have a UX practice? Has it been used on employee-facing initiatives? #CITEchat Time ago 2 Days via Twitter
- RT @RonaldCroen: Joining tweetchat which seems itself to be a good example of CITE! #CITEchat Time ago 2 Days via Twitter
- @ron_miller #citechat indeed. i have hard time separating the two. all depends on how you're employed! Time ago 2 Days via Twitter
Follow @ngohring on twitter.
- Google Glass gets real with apps from Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and CNN - CITEworld May 16, 2013
- Newvem adds Azure monitoring, despite signs of low demand - ITworld.com May 16, 2013
- Sorry, but VMware just doesn't shrink to fit phones - CITEworld May 15, 2013
- Looks like Windows 8 will finally be ready for prime time this holiday - InfoWorld May 14, 2013